Slice of Pie

Last week, my husband and I finished off the last piece of my first homemade peach pie. I made it as a surprise for him and was actually quite impressed with the way it turned out. Everything was from scratch (the only thing I didn't make from scratch were the peaches, of course). It was a nice to be and feel domestic. I had to add a picture just as documented proof. :)


Marc likes to tell me that I have never made anything that tasted bad..which was a surprising comment at first for a girl who never really liked to spend time in the kitchen. I guess that's what having a husband does to you. The funny thing is, when he isn't around, I don't make good things for just me to eat. And usually I don't eat at all, somehow I forget about mealtimes when I'm not making something for Marc.

Changing the subject a little, I have to rave about the book I am reading today (I am almost finished with it and I just checked it out this morning)--Make Lemonade by Virginia Euwer Wolff. It is about a 14 year old girl who takes a babysitting job, caring for the two kids of a 17 year old mother. As I read, I was reminded of how blessed I am and how relatively easy my life has been. I realized how fortunate I am to grow up in the family that I did with parents who loved and cared for me, supported me in my schooling, and always believed in my dreams. And I also am very grateful for a loving and supportive husband, who will always be there, in the thick and thin. I am grateful that we have enough money to eat wonderful things like peach pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment