The View from the Kitchen

This is what I see outside my kitchen window. Gorgeous right? My camera can't really do it justice. It's more stunning in real life. When I look at these autumn trees I can't help but think how magnificent this earth is and how lucky we are to live on it. There is so much wickedness and confusion in the world today but when I'm in my cozy kitchen looking at these autumn-kissed trees, life seems simpler and more beautiful. And more do-able. These trees are a simple reminder to me to be still and remember that there is a God in Heaven who knows and loves me very much. I am also filled with gratitude that this wonderful fall weather has lasted so long. I like winter--mostly because that means it's Christmas time and I get to decorate and listen to Christmas music and visit my family--but I LOVE fall. Nothing can beat that crisp autumn air and crunching through fallen leaves.

1 comment: